[3830] ARRL 10 W9KKN/2 SO Mixed Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 18 00:47:01 EST 2019

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: W9KKN/2
Operator(s): W9KKN
Station: W9KKN/2

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: W2/Blueberry
Operating Time (hrs): 14.33
Remote Operation

   CW:  310    44
  SSB:   27    12
-------------------
Total:  337    56  Total Score = 72,464

This was another experiment in cross country remote operation, this time the RHR
W2/Blueberry station powered by Flex Radio (something I know a thing or two
about.)

If you missed Friday night, you missed the contest with some awesome ES
openings. Saturday was slow, with weak openings to South America. Sunday was
even slower, Kansas was the furthest west it would go.

I had local QRM Saturday and Sunday morning, but still managed to pull in a few
Europeans somehow.

No matter what I did, I really couldn't get west of Colorado, though I *think* I
got an AZ station via ESP.

The RHR Flex setup still has some real stability issues that I'm sure they'll
get worked out. It will work fine in bursts, but for an extended contest effort,
the software will suffer. Had to have the team reboot the server a few times to
get it back at all. I'm still convinced that the only way to go is RRC, even
with Flex. I wish had insisted on going with their W4/Atlanta station, as all of
the stations in W4 were clearly getting better prop according to the spotting
network.

Thanks for all of the Q's everyone and see you in the ARRL RTTY Roundup.

--Bill/W9KKN