[3830] RAC Winter AC6ZM SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 29 00:08:51 EST 2019

                    RAC Winter Contest - 2019

Call: AC6ZM
Operator(s): AC6ZM
Station: AC6ZM

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Loudon, TN
Operating Time (hrs): 10:56

   80:  137              7
   40:  110              7
   20:   43              7
   15:    4              1
Total:  294     0       22         0  Total Score = 29,040

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Conditions worked well the first night. No so good from my QTH during the day on
Saturday. Struggle to get Canadian stations. I'm antenna challenged using only a
ground mounted vertical with radials and an OCF for 80 and 40 meters.  Never
heard NT and YT. I was hoping to work those RAC sections. I was chasing W4SV
from the Georgia Contest Group on contestonlinescore.com, we changed leads
several times. However, he clearly stretched the lead with logging many mults
and especially so on the first night on 160 meters. I do not have a 160 antenna.
I was also keeping an eye on WV4P on SSB. He did very well. I will come up with
a better plan next year and extend the operating time as this is a short 24 hour
contest. It was good to work a few TCG members. This was a good tuneup and
practice for the TCG 2020 Radio Active Award.