[3830] RAC Winter K4HQK SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 29 13:03:06 EST 2019

                    RAC Winter Contest - 2019

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA

  160:    7      0       2         0
   80:   35      9       7         4
   40:   31     14       7         6
   20:   17     17       7         6
   15:    1      0       1         0
   10:    0      0       0         0
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:   91     40      24        16  Total Score = 59,760

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Band conditions were quite good up through 20 meters, but I only heard and
worked one Canadian on 15 meters. Activity levels 160m-20m were excellent,
although 160m late Sunday afternoon was taken over by a Stew Perry onslaught.

I worked all the lower provinces but heard none of the territories (NT, NU, YT)
nor Prince Edward Island. Propagation on 20m surprised me Saturday afternoon
with good signals all the way from British Columbia to Newfoundland.

Of my 131 QSOs, 79 was the unduplicated station count. The rest were QSO
multiples of stations operating on more than one band and mode, VE3CX topping
the list with five. Ontario accounted for 47% of all QSOs, BC second with 14%.

With two exceptions all QSOs were with Canadians, worked S&P. Because I
participate in RAC contests for enjoyment and not to compete, I prefer focusing
solely on our friendly neighbors to the north.

John K4HQK