[3830] TBDC W3LL(ND3D) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 29 13:47:49 EST 2019

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: W3LL
Operator(s): ND3D
Station: W3LL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD

Total:  QSOs = 681  Total Score = 4,113

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was a spectator sport for me while Bob ND3D did the work and had the fun.
We had a few glitches in this one.

The amp quit putting out power. A switch to 80M and back to 160M cleared that
one up.

Later in the contest when the Escape key was pressed it would shift the entry
window from VFO A to VFO B and back again with another press of the ESC key.
N1MM was configured for SO2V and for many years worked properly.
After a loss of too much prime time looking for a fix we reverted to SO1V.

The amp could not produce more than 1250W before the overdrive light lit adding
the 3Db input padder resulting in output dropping to 950W.

A nice feature of the Scoreboard was the Club filter. All entered clubs were
displayed in leaderboard order but more importantly all entered members appeared
under the club banner in leader order.
Fun watching the position exchanges between SOHP Nate N4YDU (SO2R) and Bob
W3LL-ND3D SO1V.

Lots of EU's in the log but the one surprise was a new one on 160M for W3LL
Algeria 7X7X.

Station:
K3
P3
KPA1500
Shunt fed 90' tower top loaded with a SteppIR MonstIR set to 40M
DXE reversing Beverages NE/SW 500' and NW/SE 700'
N1MM
BGE RFI promised to be fixed by 20 January.

73,

Bud W3LL