[3830] TBDC N5RZ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 29 16:00:16 EST 2019

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 12:45

Total:  QSOs = 559  Total Score = 3,479

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday was very windy here until right before I got on, then things calmed
down.  Got on at 2315Z after doing a significant effort in the RAC contest.  Was
a bit tired, but planned a break after EU sunrise so I could operate past
Sunrise to get my full 14 hours in.   The best laid plans!

Activity was super and the band was very crowded. The band was pin drop quiet
also - nary a static crash.  Heard a number of EU early on and worked the ones
who could hear me. Happy to nail D4Z easily for my only African.  The evening
was spent CQing for a bit until I got bumped of my freq by a EU.  Had a great
run (by Texas standards) of EU at their sunrise, very rare here.   Heard many
more EU the whole period from 2315Z - EU sunrise;  many couldn't hear me and
many were calling other stations.   About the best EU condx I can recall.

Took an off time at 0825Z and when I got back on at 0915Z, the local static
crashes were prevelant.   ZL3IX and RT0F called in with good signals, but the 5
big gun JA's that called were rough copy, as were KL7RA and the KH6's.  Had some
lightning move in so went QRT from 1035-1130Z till it subsided.  The final
on-time was 1130-1346 and no more DX from out west  during that period thru the
static crashes.    As a result, only was able to get 12:45 op time.

JH4UYB and RT0F were the only DX heard at sunrise, and I had already worked
them.  I think I heard a couple of other JA's calling others at my SR, but could
never scare up any more for me.

Had a personal best 73 Europeans.  Other DX:  D4Z  PJ2T  RT0F  ZL3IX  KL7RA
JA - 5  KH6 - 4  KP2 - 3   XE - 3   VE - 21

Heard LU8DPM several times, but he never hear me.   No other Carribean or SA
heard other than those worked.   Never heard VK or anything else out west other
than the stations worked.

A great contest!!   Thanks to the BARC for sponsoring.  And of course thanks to
all for the QSOs.

73,  Gator

FLEX 6600  SPE 2K-FA   Inverted L with 3 elevated radials
5 300'+ beverages    N1MM+  Logging Software.

DX:

D4 - 1
DL - 16
EA - 1