[3830] TBDC WT2P(@NV9L) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 29 21:58:34 EST 2019

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: NV9L

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EN60

Total:  QSOs = 695  Total Score = 4,275

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

What a rush of excitement! I had set a goal of 700+ q's this year, but fell
short.

Got a late start at the last few minutes of 2200Z after coming from the SMC BoD
meeting in Bloomington. I would've had a shot at probably catching W5MX if I had
been on around 2000Z.

It was an interesting horse race between me and K9NW and kept things very
interesting. EU signals in many cases were louder than some US stations
throughout the night.

EU/Russians: 167 Q's - Most worked country was Germany with 28Q's
Funny thing, I found out after the contest that I was still being heard in
Poland well after their sunrise! Hot Dog!

The JA/PAC opening was short and most signals were weak, but having big
Beverages helped.

7 JA, 2 ZL, 1 VK, VK3IO was furthest DX.

AF: 2 - Cape Verde and worked 7X7X as well for a new one.

Worked ~41 SMC members. Thanks to all! A special welcome back to the air for
WX5CW who called me on 160.

Had 105/hr once I got started in the 2300Z hour but it was still fun and
interesting even in the slow periods. Did about 85% run, 15% S&P.

To compare with last year: 663 Q's 2,225 (claimed). Hoping I can improve on this
year's score next year.

Special thanks to Val NV9L and Jerry WB9Z for letting me operate this one as my
160 stuff is not operational this year. The quick holiday dinner and fantastic
dessert was AMAZING!

73 and Happy New Year!
WT2P