[3830] TBDC WF7T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 30 00:33:54 EST 2019

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - 2019

Call: WF7T
Operator(s): WF7T
Station: WF7T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN

Total:  QSOs = 195  Total Score = 905

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I have not been terribly active this year but I felt like I just couldn't miss
out on this years last event: Big Stew. It was great to exchange MX and HNY with
friends near and far.

160M never ceases to amaze me, and vex me as well. Initially my enthusiasm was
damped by S9+ noise (see my QRZ page for a picture) EVEN ON MY RX antenna. Of
course it was worse on my TX antenna. Often the noise will subside in the
evening, but this time it was relentless from dusk until dawn. I was going to
hang it up as I heard no EU at my sunset, although I did hear D4Z briefly. Quick
break for dinner, and then I resolved to S&P until whenever I couldn't stand
it any longer. Imagine my surprise when I started hearing EU sunrise. For me and
my pipsqueak of a station this is always a big deal. It was short, and it was
spotty, but by God it was real and I got some 20 pointers in the log! Did not
hear past the US west coast near my sunrise unfortunately, but I was still happy
from the earlier propagation.

I even managed a short little run for 30 mins or so starting around
1145Z--hilarious! Log checkers do you worst (and seriously thank you Boring
Organizers for doing what you do!)

DX worked: DL, GW, KP2, OM, PJ2, XE, VE.

See you in the next one, hopefully killing some noise in the interim.

73 Brad WF7T
Nashville, TN

IC-7600 @ 100W
Voltage-fed Marconi, vertical with 30m top-hat @ 10m AGL, ~1500' total radials
VE3DO RX loop, manually swapped from E to W after EU sunrise
N1MM+, WinKeyerUSB