[3830] CQ160 CW HB9CA Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Feb 1 12:17:20 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: HB9CA
Operator(s): HB9CAT HB9BGV HB9BUN HB9DDO
Station: HB9CA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Letzi
Operating Time (hrs): 36:18

Total:  QSOs = 1695  State/Prov = 41  Countries = 83  Total Score = 1,216,936

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

based on last year's experiences we knew RX had to be improved, we did 2
things:
- extend NW and NE beverages to 400m and 300m respectively
- RX on the K3's in diversity mode, Beverage + HiZ 8 square
No changes on the TX side, the 22m Momobeam vertical is still doing great with
80 radials.
After a relatively slow start we realized that we were doing better than many
equivalent EU stations and started ramping up the online ranking. Highlight was
the 2nd night with 150 NA QSOs, which pushed us up to an unexpected 3rd place
(online).
Target fully achieved, special thanks to the other OPs HB9BGV HB9BUN HB9DDO !