[3830] NA Sprint CW VE9AA HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 2 23:17:06 EST 2019

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: nb

   80:  128       2
   40:  103     1.5
   20:   20      13
---------------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

20m was pretty much stone cold dead, buried and eulogy read by the time 0000z
rolled around, so I endured a mind numbing 32 minutes of squeaking out QSO's at
EME levels. It was all I could stand literally scraping together 20 Q's on 20m,
sometimes with 5 or 6 minutes between a QSO.  Self dentistry sounded more
appealing.

40m Was a little better but mostly vacant at 0032z, but I endured it as long as
humanly possible until the Midwest mob arrived (and the SO2R guys in W1 too)

80m was in great shape, but had some kind of phase shift echo on certain
stations at times.

A few hundred more pts than last year (no thanks to 20m--<spits on ground>
but think I busted 3 or 4 Q's, so it'll remain to be seen if I beat the previous
NB record or not.  I am thinking no.

Shudda done this one SO2R, but wanted to repeat last years "HP/SO1R/2 band
changes" and did.

Thanks for all the Q's - you were great !

CU all of a sudden in the next one !

dit dit
Mike VE9AA, IC-7410+amp+4 squares, N1MM+, N3ZN paddles.