[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 6 15:14:27 EST 2019

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Feb 6

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois

Total:  139  Mults = 124  Total Score = 17,236

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Started on 20. Almost no signals, lots were just whispers.  Lots of CQing so
rate suffered. At 1930z went to 40 after having 58x58 on 20.  Signals were
stronger and the band was open to different people. Better coverage of the USA.
Band was packed.  At 1953z had 120 x 109.  5 QSOs in a minute.  (This happened
during the morning session for the first time.)  It got very busy at the end so
perhaps could have gone to 40 a few minutes earlier.   The 40 meter inverted vee
seemed to work OK for the conditions. Generally my rate drops when I go to 40.
Conductivity is very good.  Much of the snow melted and the yard is muddy with
standing water and the sump pump keeps dumping water on the  radial field!  Nap
time.