[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K4BAI(@K4BAI/M) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Feb 7 23:35:09 EST 2019

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 8

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

   40:   6     6
Total:   6     6  Total Score = 36

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Jeff, KU8E, and I are en route to  Orlando, FL for the Orlando HamCation and the
FCG Contest Dinner this weekend.  Jeff has been driving and I have been
operating using my K2 at 10 watts with Hustler mobile whips on the trunk.  Many
nice QSOs including DX to South America, Central America, and North Africa on
20M.  Gave out some counties on the 20M County Hunters Net frequency (14056.5).
We stopped for the night in Valdosta, GA and had a nice dinner.  We had worked
all over the US and into Cuba and US Virgin Islands on 40M.  So I spent the
entire sprint time on 40M getting stomped on.  Calling CQ on a clear frequency
didn't help much.  I heard almost everybody (good participation), but only six
special NS ops made it into my log.  Thanks to W2GD, W1FJ, K4OAQ, K8CN (real QRP
I assume), V31AT, and WN4AFP.  Hope to see some of you in Orlando.  And next
week from PJ4/home calls and PJ4A in ARRL DX CW.  73, John, K4BAI.