[3830] RTTY WPX KG5U SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 10 19:13:53 EST 2019

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

First time trying RTTY with the new radio (3 weeks old last Friday). It wasn't
pretty. It took me over 3 hours to get the radio set up for RTTY. I managed to
work 55 or so stations before things went haywire and all I could copy was
gibberish. I went and watched TV for a while. But, I came back, killed off the
SmartSDR, SmartSDR CAT, SmartSDR DAX, fldigi, mmtty, N1MM+. and brought them
back up. It was back to copying RTTY signals. I'm fast reaching a conclusion
that life is too short for SDR.

Thanks for the QSOs! Each meant a lot in this goround.

73,
Dale, kg5u
Houston, TX

Station: