[3830] RTTY WPX NG6O(K6GHA) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 10 19:16:29 EST 2019

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: NG6O
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: NG6O

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Ok... This is a long contest, however this year I figured out how to shorten it.
Two words, power disruption. And yes, my back-up batteries weren't enough, my
back-up generator wasn't portable (to the shack), and of course.. computers
don't like power flux.
Just as Asia opened on 40m on Sunday morning, I had a great string of them lined
up when PG&E pulled the plug for 7 hrs. Did log Indonesia, Thailand, and the
Philippines before lights out.
OK... The fun part was I was in the chair more than I thought I would be, I had
fun on 40 and 80m with a simple dipole, and even eeked out a few new countries.

I had much higher hopes for finishing strong on Sunday, but power not
withstanding, it was a nice day to be outside (the sun was out!).