[3830] RTTY WPX N6ZFO SOAB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 10 22:18:40 EST 2019

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: CA

Total: 1088  Prefixes = 432  Total Score = 930,528

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday night while having some trouble loading the Zepp on 40m I noticed a new
orange light outside the shack window. We live in a very dark area, so a new
light source is surprising. I ventured outside in the rain. The ladder line had
blown off its support and a 1-1/2 in section was resting on a low bay tree
branch on some very wet leaves and blazing away with a striking orange ball of
fire. After extinguising the flames and relocating the line away from the tree
all problems disappeared and I could again work stations on 40 and 80m.

Conditions were generally only fair except for Fri night's great opening to
Asia: JA's, VR2, XV9, 9M2, 9V1, HS1, HL, DU and multiple YB's all worked with
ease. Eu openings were not very productive on 20m Sat and Sun morning.  Fri and
Sat night Eu sunrise openings on 40 and 80 were virtually absent, with the big
stations down 4-5 S units compared to last year when many Eu were worked on 40
with 200w.  CR2DX was S-9+10 on 40 at 0900Z Saturday at their SR.

Most ops were very good, which made the WPX fun.

73 Bill n6zfo