[3830] RTTY WPX WV1K(N1IXF) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 11 09:54:10 EST 2019

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: WV1K
Operator(s): N1IXF
Station: N1IXF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 25:37

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Guess what?  RTTY decodes don't work if you have the notch filter on... took me
about 2 minutes at the start to figure that one out. I must have "fat
fingered" that button while I was getting ready for the start.

Lots of activity but never had really good runs.

Best DX ... ZL3IO, VK3TNL and VK5GR (special thanks to VK5GR for making it three
contests in a row).

Thought most of the ops were VERY courteous in this contest... rarely did I have
someone jump on my run frequency and most stood by when I went back to a
specific caller. We still need to get the word out to newer ops that they don't
need to send their call 5 or more times and they can improve by shortening their
messages... some were PAINFUL.

This contest requires a unique strategy and I need to improve on that.

BTW, did you know that you can reprogram your 352 MHz garage door opener and
even open it with RF from 80M?  I didn't, but learning that I had to reprogram
all the remotes after the contest.

Lots of EU activity above 14150, hope I didn't inadvertently click on a spot
there.

Thanks to all for a mostly fun weekend.
73,
Rich N1IXF