[3830] RTTY WPX ON3DI SOSB/40 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 11 10:05:01 EST 2019

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOSB/40 QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Hi

A week before the contest Stefano, IZ3NVR texted me to know what my plans were.
Honestly I didn't knew that the WPX RTTY was a week later. Anyway after years of
80m qrp it was time for something new, 40m qrp. My antenna is better on 40m but
normally 40m is more open then 80m, so less sleep.

I hadn't touched my equipment after the CQ WW CW 2018, says enough I persume.
Anyway around 1utc local time I was qrv, contest could begin. My first 5 qso's
were 1 Russian station and 4 USA stations, nice… 5w and the vertical did their
job! But normally the first hour the rates are around 30qso's/hour, not this
time. The whole night I had difficulties to work Europe... Calling CQ had also
no sence and normally even with 5w I have some pile-ups. I worked more USA then
expected around 30-40 the whole contest, happy about that. Even other big guns
like PJ4Z, PJ2T, P49X were easily in the log. I heard even 9M2TO, couldn't work
him. Anyway after the first morningshift I had only 68qso's, even for QRP too
less, it was boring.
I slept some hours, watched the cyclocross and was then qrv again. I worked a
bit more Europe, but not that much, calling cq, again no sence. So I deciced to
go QRT, contesting for 8qso's/hour, no not interested in...

Anyway this conest has one positive note! I worked finally Wyoming, my one
missing state. So in the end happy that I participated.

Normally next contest will be WPX CW...

Score is not correct...

73

Pieter ON3DI