[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 13 23:35:27 EST 2019

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Feb 14

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  116  Mults = 106  Total Score = 12,296

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Started on 40. It was a wreck.  Some loud, so weak stations. That means that a
lot of times I can't get through.  I can really tell that my inverted vee at 35
feet is not competitive at night. Lots of CQs don't get answered and stations
don't come back when called.  Today was the first time that I did a lot of
S&P, trying to figure out how to make it smooth and fast. Usually I call CQ.
 It was fun to find a lot of guys on the air as they tried out their ARRL DX
Contest locations.

Changed to 80 at 03:27.  Look at the QSOs totals.  80 works well with either the
inverted vee at 35 feet (fan inverted vee with 40) or the 1/4 wave vertical.
Lots of receiving antennas, but it is best to have something that is not too
directive.  I did more CQing on 80 and it was faster. Mults were pretty good
because 40 and 80 seemed to be open to different areas. Not enough 1, 6, 7 in
the log.