[3830] ARRLDX CW W2IRT SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 17 19:07:21 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NJ

   20:  510   106
   15:  178    81
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1351   422  Total Score = 1,710,366

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Great condx on the low bands on Friday night, and a very nice EU opening on
Sunday morning that helped build mult totals.

White the computer system and antennas behaved themselves, I experienced a
critical failure early Saturday morning when my 6 month old Elecraft KPA-1500
blew one of its finals. I was able to run it on one device for the rest of the
contest, but it took a few hours to get everything straightened away. I
considered putting my old AL-1200 back in line but since I was still making Qs
even at reduced power I just went with it.

Also had a problem with the cable on my Arlan Radiosport headset. Had to go with
the old Bose QC-15s, which performed flawlessly, as usual. Gotta get that all
squared away before SSB in two weeks, though!

This is certainly one of my favorite contests of the year and was glad to put up
a reasonable score. GO FRC!