[3830] ARRLDX CW K7JR(@K7ZS) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 17 19:12:53 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K7JR
Operator(s): NK7U K7ZS KI7Y K7RF KR7X W7ZRC KK7A K7MK WA7ZRC KE7AUB KL9A
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Remote Operation

   20:  648   101
   15:  116    45
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1459   305  Total Score = 1,318,515

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

The SRRCC ... Snake River Remote Contester Club ... formed when NK7U remoted his
Baker City Oregon Superstation, reconvened this weekend at the SRRCC Remote 2.0
site, K7ZS MiniStation outside Portland Oregon.  K7JR was On the Air again!

We had Montana, Idaho, Nevada and Oregon members participate at the remote
radio, while we had 4 members at the local radio. The 'Hybrid' format ... half
local, half remote, worked well.  Not as fun as having everyone here, but we
still gather in spirit with a common goal ... contesting.

It's a new station best for this contest, as our Mentor Joe NK7U brought both
some hardware from the now defunct station, and his love of putting up antennas
to help the station along. Monobanders are a wonderful thing, especially if
STACKED!

10 meters was a no show, but all the rest had plenty of activity.  Only 40 hours
on here, as the 2nd night is really tough from the Left Coast, so some sleep was
in order.

Thanks to Joe NK7U for doing an all nighter on the low bands, Jim KI7Y for being
here on site from bell to bell, Andy KE7AUB sitting in to get the code flowing
in his mind, and Hank KR7X for being here each morning, and his contribution to
the station equipment. (and a nice libation from GM land!!)

For remote guys, Jon K7RF helped fill the gaps and had nice runs!  The Boise
Bunch .. Jim KK7A, Jim K7MK and Rod W7ZRC all kept Station 2 buzzing, and after
we finally killed the Windoze Curse, got Chris KL9A's software back in order
after a Win10 upgrade wiped out his PC!

A cold and wet weekend here, so what a better way to spend it, playing radio!

Best 73, see you in the SSB contests in March!

Kevin K7ZS ...