[3830] ARRLDX CW VE6/KE5JA SOSB/20 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 17 19:51:31 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VE6/KE5JA
Operator(s): KE5JA
Station: VE6/KE5JA

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Calgary

Total:  120    38  Total Score = 13,680

I live in a condo on the 17th floor so there is no way I can put up even a
mediocre antenna.  I have a hamstick dipole on the balcony and generally
struggle to work anyone.  So I was very surprised to work 120 QSO's in 38
countries.  More surprised to work my friends at RT0F as I used to be part of
the multi-op team there.  I also spent Saturday afternoon at VE6TL's were we
operated VE4EA remote, so I was also part of a separate multi-single team.  All
in all an interesting and fun contest weekend, but I sure wish I had my own
decent station.  Thank you for everyone who dug my weak signal out of the noise.