[3830] ARRLDX CW K4HQK SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 17 20:28:18 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 15:45

Total:  345   182  Total Score = 188,370

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

While activity seemed at its usually high level for this competition, the
ionosphere had other plans: shorter paths. Very little was heard at this modest
station from Africa, the Pacific and the Far East entities, especially on
Saturday. Sunday morning I did work two KH6-7s, two VKs and a ZL on 40m.

Based on a few strong DX stations Sunday afternoon, 15 meters seemed about as
alive as it had been Saturday (TEP to the southern countries, a little F skip to
west Africa), but the activity level was down significantly. Ditto on 20m. At
2100Z I discovered why: everyone had moved to 40 meters, which by then had
become a madhouse.

John K4HQK
Alexandria, VA

Icom 7410