[3830] ARRLDX CW N1EN SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 17 20:44:59 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N1EN
Operator(s): N1EN
Station: N1EN

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1256   338  Total Score = 1,273,584

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I have a big project due for work this coming week.  I had hoped to be
substantially done by lunchtime Friday so I'd be free to play this weekend, but
alas, that didn't happen.

Fortunately, the finishing work mostly involves me tweaking a setting in a
computer model, letting it run for a while, check the results, and tweak again.

So...I played hard Friday night and Saturday up until lunchtime, and spent the
rest of the contest bouncing back and forth between work and contest.

I got tired Saturday evening, and called it a night early.  However just as the
sun was rising in Europe Sunday morning, something woke me up (and disturbed the
computer to wake the monitor).  Since I needed to play on the computer to turn
off the monitor and return the room to proper sleeping darkness.  I figured
"I'm up for a few minutes; might as well check out 160"...and it was
beautiful.  I did one S&P pass down the band, at it was like shooting DX
fish in a barrel, even with low power and a compromise antenna.

So, yeah.  The low bands were mostly good.  That's good because 15 sucked, and
10 didn't want to come out and play.

I wanted to get 1000 Q's in the log.  Beat that by 25%.
I like to work at least 100 countries when making a serious effort.  Got 102.

Wish I could've played more, but I still had fun.

Station:
K3×2

Antennas:
L+FCP for 160m