[3830] ARRLDX CW K3TN(@W4AAW) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 17 20:51:42 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN W2UP K3ZV K2GO W4AAW
Station: W4AAW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 35:52
Remote Operation

  160:   71     53
   80:  231     82
   40:  755    105
   20: 1187    113
   15:  211     76
   10:    5      5
-------------------
Total: 2460   7377  Total Score = 3,201,618

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Despite many last minute snags, another successful and fun remote multi-op
operation from the W4AAW station. Many thanks to Mike for all the hard work in
keeping the station up and running.

We were originally going to enter as Multi/2 but the week before the contest one
of the remote operators blew up the FT2000, so we dropped down to Multi-single.
Then at the very last minute, one operator cancelled his participation. With all
the upheaval, we ended up only operating 36 hours of the 48 - but fun was had by
all.

We had great rates on 20M and a decent but short opening to 15M each morning.
When 20 opened to JA in the late afternoon, there was a very loud skew path to
EU but most EU ops were on 40M by then.

I think if you really tried, you can now make DX QSOs on 40M every single hours
of the day. 80M was not so hot. 10M was a VHF band - ah, the fond memories of
just a few years ago...