[3830] ARRLDX CW N9TF SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 17 21:47:07 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL

   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  495   213  Total Score = 316,305

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Lots of fun! Mainly looking for band fills, but worked everything I ran across.
Stayed in a few really nasty pileups too long. Success in one, V51, not so good
in the others.
40 was lots of fun this afternoon. I thought 40 was better Sunday afternoon than
Saturday afternoon. Started hearing EU about 1:30PM local time, and by around
3:30pm local I was working em. They were the strongest I have ever experienced
at this QTH with my low hanging compromise 40/80 dipole. And easy to work!
I now understand fully, and can appreciate and empathize with the DX station at
the other end of my 100 watt signal. I worked many 100 watt stations from the
EU, and the difference in signal strength and copy was night and day!
Kept an eye on 10m off and on. I was able to put 2 Qs in the log on 10. One CE
and one PY. Heard a couple LUs, but they did not hear me.
Ended up with 88 unique DX, and should have several band fills on 40/80 and
160.

CU you all in NAQP RTTY next weekend!

73 Gene, N9TF

Rig, K3S 100 watts to 2 element triband at 37', 40/80 short dipole at 35'
sloping, W8AMZ shortened (67') 1/2 sloper at 35' apex.