[3830] ARRLDX CW G4BUO SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 18 05:08:41 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: G4BUO
Operator(s): G4BUO
Station: G4BUO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: London

  160:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  582   126  Total Score = 219,996

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

ARRL CW has always been one of my favourite contests. For various reasons the
weekend was very busy and we could not operate from M6T, so I just grabbed a few
hours here and there. Not planning much of an entry I made no provision for 160,
which turned out to be a mistake.

Initially just operating search and pounce to give out points I was surprised to
be able to run on 20m on Sunday using a doublet up 25ft and on 40m using a
Butternut HF6V with half a dozen radials. As 'new meat' on Sunday evening I had
some fantastic rates on 40 and had a 163-hour right at the end, which was great
fun.

K3 + Ten-Tec Centurion
70ft doublet up 25ft
Butternut HF2V