[3830] ARRLDX CW WX3B SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 18 10:02:27 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC

  160:    0     0
   80:    5     5
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  283    90  Total Score = 75,330

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

More than half my limited time was spent on 15 meters LATE Saturday morning,
after watching (on DX summit) the band open at about 6:30am.  Got on at about
9:15am and found the band wide open. Big signal award goes to team EI7M who I
tuned across and they were 40db/9!!  I was surprised to hear 15 full of signals
and am sure hoping for a repeat during SSB when I WILL be in front of a radio
for most of the weekend.  Got on 20 and ran a few, then got on 40 at 19:00zulu
and noticed I was actually LATE TO THE PARTY, band was wide open with very low
noise!!   Went back to 20 at 21:17 to work some JAs, then just for fun called CQ
and ran a few JAs.  20 sounded darn good!!  Went to 80 at 21:42 and incredibly I
was LATE to THAT party!!  The band already EUs with good signals CQing, so I
worked half dozen by calling CQ and called it a day.

73,

Jim  WX3B