[3830] ARRLDX CW W7ZB SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 18 15:14:23 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W7ZB
Operator(s): W7ZB
Station: W7ZB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    3     3
Total:  140    74  Total Score = 31,080

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Never much of a CW op I decided I would give this contest a try, just to see if
I hated it as much as I expected to.  Oh Contrar!  Using N1MM+ to allow myself
to fire flawless CW at 26 WPM was a BLAST....WOW.  What Fun.  Most of you guys
send WAY too fast for me, but being in S&P mode the whole time, that just
meant I had several (or sometimes MANY) chances to get your call down and figure
out the cutesy shortcut ways some of you send your exchange (ie, Power).  Who
says there is no room left in contesting for creativity?

My score would have been better, but had a computer glitch when I tried to QSY
to 80 and didn't make it back until the next day with consultation with
K7ZS....Thanks Kevin, again.  Bands were Great as far as I was concerned and it
was a hoot to work some Europeans on 40 from the West Coast.

I will definitely try this again.  Need to work on my CW speed so I can try
running next time.

To anyone who considers themselves an SSB type contester, as I did,  I would
urge you to get N1MM+ talking right to your radio and Jump In....The water was
FINE.  Points for the club is points for the club! My second new mode this
year....I better slow it down before I fall off the FT8 cliff!

73, Mark, W7ZB