[3830] ARRLDX CW N4TZ(N4TZ/9) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 18 16:25:30 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N4TZ
Operator(s): N4TZ/9
Station: N4TZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN

   10:    8     5
-------------------
Total: 1508   377  Total Score = 1,705,548

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

OPERATING TIME: 37:41:02
            CQ COUNTER: 1737
            RUN/SEARCH: 679/847 Qs
      UNIQUE CALLSIGNS: 1010

              SOFTWARE: TR4W v.4.77.0 http://www.tr4w.net

  BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points Countries
 160CW       100          100      300        57
  80CW       215          213      639        78
  40CW       313          311      933        83
  20CW       771          758     2274        96
  15CW       119          118      354        58
  10CW         8            8       24         5

 Totals      1526        1508     4524       377

    Final Score = 1705548 points.

My wife is talking about redecorating some of the house.
I need to remind her to fix up the guest room where Murphy
lives.....

My top 10/15 meter yagi got snagged in the rope hanging
my Europe 160 meter antenna during a wind event before the
CQWW SSB contest. The antenna remained pointing west during
that contest, which enabled a QSO with VP6D on 10 meters.

The reflector was bent preventing rotation, so manually
set the antenna to cover the NE/SE range.  Had another
wind event last week, where the RG8X feedline from the
80 meter dipole attached to the tops of my two towers
swung up and wrapped in a figure-8 around the two reflectors
of my lower 10/15 meter yagi. It took 4 trips up and down
the tower to free the coax so the bottom yagi could turn.
But, in the process of aligning all the elements of the
various yagis in the same direction so I could fish the
feedline out, I forgot and turned the top 10/15 due South,
which resulted in the bent reflector getting firmly hung
on the top guy wire, so that antenna faced due south for
the entire contest.  That enabled me to find a few people
on 10 meters Saturday.

Murphy doesn't like it when you turn lemons into lemonade.
Saturday night my remote relay stopped working on 40 meters.
So, no 40 meter antenna at all.  Spent some operating time
working on the inside control box, and found that I could
get the lower Cushcraft shorty forty to work with some
clip leads, but was never able to get the top 40m yagi
back on line.  Since the Cushcraft shares a boom with my
lower 20 meter yagi, I lost some flexibility Sunday afternoon.
I normally point the lower antenna SE then to catch the
Caribbean guys and was wondering why almost no one in
Europe was copying my signal on 40.  Finally figured it out
the last hour....

I slept a little longer Saturday night than normal after
the 40 meter malfunction. I had 51 countries on top band
in the log Friday night and probably missed a few more
Saturday night during European sunrise.  Still, I think
57 countries low power unassisted on 160 is my personal
best total in any contest, CQ or otherwise.
The band had more noise Saturday, but still could hear a lot
of repeat stations from the previous night.

                             2019 ARRL DX Test N4TZ
                                 Continent List

                    160    80    40    20    15    10   ALL
                    ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---
      USA calls =     0     0     0     0     0     0     0
   Canada calls =     0     0     0     0     0     0     0
       NA calls =    22    26    29    34    23     1   135
       SA calls =     7    11    17    20    24     7    86
     Euro calls =    67   168   245   680    63     0  1223
  African calls =     3     4     8    11     5     0    31
    Asian calls =     0     2     3    10     0     0    15
    Japan calls =     0     1     0     8     0     0     9
    Ocean calls =     1     3    11     8     4     0    27

    Total calls =   100   215   313   771   119     8  1526