[3830] ARRLDX CW KF6NCX SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 20 11:02:31 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Chico, CA

   80:   1      1
   40:   6      2
   20:  30     19
   15:   7      2
Total:  44     24  Total Score = 3,168

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was great fun, being able to work DX stations, which most of the time are
nowhere to be found. Highlights were working China, Finland, Russia, Brazil,
Chile and three Mexican stations (I'm shooting for WAS, Mexico).

The bands were at least good whenever I got on the air. I was surprised though
to find that Saturday evening 40 meters was just packed with domestic stations
CQing. How could one do anything in all that muddle? I switched to 80, which was
not jam-packed and found and worked a Mexican station calling CQ. My one
80-meter contact.

Thanks for all the Qs!  73, Larry