[3830] ARRLDX CW K9UIY SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Feb 21 22:31:58 EST 2019

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K9UIY
Operator(s): K9UIY
Station: K9UIY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Illinois

  160:    3     3
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  574   238  Total Score = 381,990

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Wow ... that was fun!  Ice storms just prior to the contest weekend had all the
antennas coated with almost a quarter inch of ice.  Thankfully two days before
the weekend, the sun came out and the temps rose above the freezing mark, so the
VSWR readings were normal once again.  Quite good conditions allowed DXCC to be
attained over the weekend ... not easy with low power unassisted ... thanks for
pulling my signals through.

What a great weekend for a contest!  Of course, almost any contest weekend is
great, but especially with this weekend as a snow storm developed dumping over
6" (15cm) of the lovely white stuff here in northwestern Illinois, so no
reason to venture outdoors.  It did cause for some snow static however.

Again, thanks for all the QSO's!  I even put my 80 M inverted "L" on
160 with about 15 W to get 3 mults I wouldn't have had ... next year I hope to
have a more respectable sky hook for Top Band.

73, Vic K9UIY
Freeport, IL