[3830] CQ160 SSB VE3CV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 23 22:15:25 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN93el
Operating Time (hrs): 3:56

Total:  QSOs = 94  State/Prov = 37  Countries = 2  Total Score = 17,160

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Never fun running 70W in a SSB contest, but we tried.  Found my K3 was having
audio RF or VOX issues as it kept locking into transmit after an exchange.
Switched to the foot switch and OK...have some work to do.  Anyway, very
discouraging not working any DX the first night despite good sigs from EU early.
 The local wind generators were plaguing me as usual so I pulled the plug after
1 hour.  Much better the second night with KV4FZ and ZF9CW worked but nothing
heard from EU. I think they shut down the wind generators because of the 60 mph
winds forecast overnight.  Signals to the south west and Caribbean really got
strong after 0200Z, so some fun was had.  Not one W6 or W7 heard.
Thanks for the Qs.  Will fire up the RTTY next weekend.
73
Jeff VE3CV