[3830] NAQP RTTY K6DAJ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 24 01:23:12 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: K6DAJ
Operator(s): K6DAJ
Station: K6DAJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Berkeley, CA

   15:   11     7
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  229    93  Total Score = 21,297

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

My daughter was home from college for the weekend so I wanted to prioritize
spending time with her, and planned to only put in a few hours, and use this
contest mainly to experiment with doing SO2R at my home station. Ended up having
more time than I expected, but still had a casual attitude about the contest,
stopping periodically to reconfigure radios and software.

In terms of operating, as viewed from my small pistol station, the bands were
not in great shape. CQ'ed on 10m at the start but nobody home.  15 was
unpopulated. 20 was just ok. 40 was decent but short lived, and 80 was mediocre,
with lots of trouble being heard past the rockies, though it improved somewhat
towards the end of the contest.

100 watts is the new QRP in these band conditions.