[3830] CQ160 SSB ZF2AM(K6AM) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 24 12:49:33 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: ZF2AM
Operator(s): K6AM
Station: ZF1A

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cayman Is.

Total:  QSOs = 616  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 52  Total Score = 352,614

Club: Cayman ARS

Comments:

Pretty much the same as the last 10 years (except last year).  Struggled for the
first 4 hours until the band really opened, then tried to hold on to a
frequency.  Good signals at times from EU, but they disappeared after 5 - 10
minutes.

To my surprise the 100' dipole beat out the K5GO designed Tee top vertical most
of the time  so I stuck with it.

Speaking of K5GO, Congrats to Sran, ZF9CW for a fine showing with 4 fewer hours
in his first try at HP in this event from here in the colonies.  Maybe I can
quit now that he knows how to beat me with just a bit more BIC.

As always thanks to Andrew, ZF1EJ and the CARS group for the us of the fine
station.

CU next week along with K6JO and N6WIN for ARRL Phone.

John, K6AM