[3830] CQ160 SSB K7HKR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 24 15:54:53 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ

Total:  QSOs = 15  State/Prov = 7  Countries = 1  Total Score = 264

9-foot diameter magnetic loop centered at 16ft
IC-7300 barefoot, from AZ

This is the largest loop I can deploy from my patio, and supposedly has a
whopping 1% efficiency at 1850 kHz, as compared to 0.5% for the 7-foot loop I
used last year.  The one complication was one of the biggest snowstorms in local
history on Thursday and Friday (25 inches at my QTH), but I decided to deploy
the loop before the storm and it came through just fine.

My goal was to beat last year's 16 QSOs, which I didn't quite reach, mainly due
to the RTTY contest.  But, I managed to be heard all the way out to MT and WA
(1000+ miles on the latter), and beat last year's score thanks to Mexico.  Those
of you who worked me deserve a "Golden Ears" award!  As with last
year, everyone I worked wasn't very busy at the time, and I appreciate you all
sticking with me to make the QSOs.