[3830] CQ160 SSB K3ZM Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 24 16:38:34 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K3ZM
Operator(s): K3ZM
Station: K3ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Virginia

Total:  QSOs = 1072  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 56  Total Score = 454,608

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Dear North Dakota and South Dakota -  I apologize on behalf of our Progressive
friends for all the negative press you have been getting about your four U.S.
Senators, and "Why do we need two Dakotas," etc.  Some of us
appreciate you.  We know very well why we need the two Dakotas:  it is so we can
have two multipliers in the contests!  Duh.  I miss you both.  Please come back
next year.

Conditions were not bad here.  No troublesome QRN, and signal levels were
normal.  Except that there was an absolutely fantastic period on Friday evening,
about sunrise in the Middle East, when signal levels rose to an impossibly high
level.  I got called by 4L0G, who said I was "booming."  A moment
later, I got called by 9K2HN, who was S9 + 15 DB on the meter!  I have never
heard the Middle East that loud on 20 meters.  Still having new, lifetime
experiences here on Topband.  I did work RA9Y, which was cool.

Missed ND, SD, VO1, VO2, and the exotic VE stuff.  Several VE7 worked.  Some
KH6.  No other Pacific.  No KL7.  Did not catch the LU I heard was on.  Don't
think I worked PY.  Very grateful to N3ZB and KE3X for delivering MT and DC!
Thank you.

Some of us guys are lucky enough to have a Man Cave.  My XYL has supported me in
having a Man QTH!  This has really been so much fun - beyond anything I ever
imagined or dreamed of.  And together, just the two of us, we built the 100 foot
tower and the 130 foot tower, and trammed up the yagis.  How lucky is that?  (We
decided to let W2RE and WW2DX help with the Big Tower.)

A big highlight was working my sister-in-law in Florida, K4ZDM, newly licensed
as an Extra!  Also worked nephew KK6ZM at his new QTH in WA.  Plus, I worked
K1ZM on Cape Cod for the highly-coveted Worked All Briggs award.

Thanks to all for the QSO's!

73,

Peter  K3ZM