[3830] CQ160 SSB AJ6T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 24 18:39:30 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AL

Total:  QSOs = 168  State/Prov = 41  Countries = 5  Total Score = 18,262

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

No operation on Friday.  Started late on Saturday just to see if I could make
100 non-assisted QSOs with 100 watts and my mis-tuned inverted L with two
elevated radials and no RX antenna.  Aside from the passing thunderstorms the
band was remarkably quiet. I was quite pleased to be able to sustain a few
decent runs.  During S&P I was amazed to hear UA7K calling CQ in the clear
with absolutely no callers.  It took some work but I was finally able to put him
in the log.  Other DX included VP2MKG (called me), ZF9CW, ZF2AM, KV4FZ, and
PJ4G. I worked just a single Californian (N6AA) at about 07z plus a smattering
of other stations beyond the Rockies. I had a remarkably good time and wound up
with 168 QSOs.  Many ops thanked me for the Alabama multiplier.