[3830] CQ160 SSB IK7YTT Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 25 01:29:11 EST 2019

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: IK7YTT
Operator(s): IK7YTT
Station: IK7YTT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 340  State/Prov = 15  Countries = 48  Total Score = 88,868

This contest was not planned at all.
i want make only few QSO to test my modified k3 and see the improvements.

No Rx antenna and still the temporary inv L vertical for TX .

After the first night i was surprised and satisfied already.

Worked 4 US station in the second morning.listen pj4g loud in qso. no other
chances for other dx because on the best dx opening hours i was not on radio due
to other appointments.

Don't like how Big gun / So2r /inband stations work on 160 contest.
In 1 band contest for me is inappropriate to hold and keep the frequency during
all the contest.
This is not anymore strategy !!!! They own the frequency during the 48hr not
letting anyone to use even if they are not transmitting. this is not correct for
me.
Of course this is for all Eu stations, i don't know how US station operare in
so2 contest operation.

Also i don't agree regarding the use of a remote sdr as receiver!!!! this is the
beginning of the end.

last but not least. FT8 colonize also the 160m!!!! a new noise source.

cu in next contest
73 de ik7ytt