[3830] NCQP VE3CRU SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 27 11:46:28 EST 2019

                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2019

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    0      0      0
   40:   16     13      0
   20:    0      0      0
   15:    0      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:   16     13      0  Mults = 30  Total Score = 2,320

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

This contest was fun, conditions better in morning than on Saturday.  Chased
N4CW/m till a pause at  noon, then lost him.  Only ran 40, no 80 antenna active
yet.  Never checked 20.  Score includes 100 points bonus from W4DW, much
appreciated.  I hoped to exceed 1000 points and was successful.

Discovered Monday morning that the rope anchoring 4o dipole to maple tree out
front was in peril.  The nylon rope holding it over a branch and down to the
trunk broke and was laying on the ground.  Ice is usually our enemy but this
time saved me.  The rope passed over a thinner branch and a large chunk of ice
was bonding the rope to the branch, still up as no thaw for at least a week.

Hope to hear more of K4PQL/m next year, was my last qso in contest this year.
More mobiles welcome.  Be more bands here next time.

Thanks to th sponsor, and to all who prticipated to make this a fun event,\.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU .......often /R in contests.....OQP third weekend April