[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 3 22:23:58 EST 2019

                    NCCC Sprint - Jan 4

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

  160:   4      4
   80:  15     13
   40:  22     16
   20:  10      8
   15:   1      1
Total:  52     42  Total Score = 2,184

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, one of my K3 radios decided to stop talking with the PC earlier this week,
with absolutely no change or reason, as far as I know, so this was an SO1R
night, and it was a lot of fun. Not as "hairy" as the usual SO2R
experience.

Tnx to W4OC who opened up with me as the only signal on the 15 meter band, and
then we clicked immediately after that on 20. Thanks Don! He was my only four
bagger based on this great start.

Five minute segments: 10, 7, 8, 8, 10, and 9. Very pleased with these.

Worked my arch competitor Art/KZ5D only twice. I was one behind on 40 and (gasp)
one ahead on 80 with two minutes to go. Could I? Really? Right down to the wire
we go! He probably will kill me on mults, but all in all I gave him a good run.
I think conditions were good for me since I was ahead of the "King,"
W9RE all night.

A lot of fun. Thanks, and I must get to the bottom of the "uncommunicative
all of a sudden K3" here.

73, Jim N3BB