[3830] RTTY Roundup WT2P SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 6 19:28:36 EST 2019

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL

   10:     1
-----------------------
Total:   528       0  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 11  Total Score = 33,792

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

New personal best in RU. Glad to start 2019 off markedly different and better
than 2018.

Friday night as I was getting things set up, I was on 80M FT8 and noticed the
SWR jumped and the amp kicked offline. Upon further inspection, and a neighbor
knocking at my door informing me there was a small fire on the tree, I realized
I burned one of the 80M wires. It was a clean burn, but had telltale signs of
arcing. Restrung that portion with a ceramic standoff where the antenna meets
the tree and we were off to the races for Saturday night. It was a small flame
that burned itself out. The tree is fine.

20M during Sunday was almost unusable as last year's grow light operation
appeared to return, with 10 khz wide signals on 20M wiping out most of the band
so I spent time on 15 and occasionally checking 10. The 2nd radio was on 40 so I
did what I could there. 20M became usable late Sunday afternoon and I decided to
run to get at least 100Q's on that band.

Many SMC'ers on, nice to work you all. Hope to see many folks on for NAQP CW.

73,
WT2P