[3830] RTTY Roundup K6UFO SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 6 19:38:52 EST 2019

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: K6UFO

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 13
Remote Operation

-----------------------
Total:   911       0  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 23  Total Score = 70,147

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I'm very pleased with 900 QSOs part-time from up in WA.
Last time I did this contest HP from down in CA I spent more
time and only made 1,000 QSOs.

I was only planning to make 200 Qs or so part-time, but then it
was fun, and then more fun, and eventually I just spent Sunday
afternoon seeing how high I could get. The RTTY rate was so
good I lost interest in going to FT8. I tried to use 15m whenever
it was open, and avoid the crowded 20m conditions. I waited
awhile before venturing onto 40m, but I hadn't waited long
enough - and got chased back to 20m. The KPA-1500 loafed
along at 800 watts, I mostly CQed and didn't use the spots much.

The remote station worked well, just a few minutes here and
there of bad internet, probably due to all the wind and rain
storms between here and there.

Thanks for the fun!

Mark K6UFO

15m, 20m: GXP 3 element yagi at 72 feet