[3830] RTTY Roundup NR4O SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 6 19:40:31 EST 2019

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC - FM05

   80:    93       0
   40:   113       0
   20:   127       0
   15:    41       4
   10:
-----------------------
Total:   374       4  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 17  Total Score = 26,460

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Not bad for only having Sunday afternoon available for contesting.  Couldn't get
any runs going on 20M or 15M in the first couple of hours.  Most of those Q's
were S&P.  Tried to fill in with some FT8 contacts on 15.  But, that didn't
work out very well.  Really couldn't get a RTTY S&P rhythm while trying to
chase a few FT8 contacts on WSJT-X.  Decided it was a distraction with the time
had available.  It appeared that the FT8 sub-bands were filled with signals.  I
just didn't think I'd be able to match my RTTY rates.  My last 3 hours were
really very good for me.  I probably should have moved to 40M 30 minutes sooner.
 Once on 40M I was able to get my best run of the day with 92Qs @ 103/hr rate.
Rate slowed a bit when I migrated to 80M to find a spot after my 40M rate began
to drop. Finished out my last hour with 90 Q's with a max rate 107/hr for the
last 12 minutes!  Overall last 3 hours netted 219 Q/s for 73/hr rate.  I really
really need to find a wire antenna that works better for me 20M.  I should have
had more Q's on that band in the first few hours I operated.  Had fun and really
enjoyed the DX calling me during my runs. Thanks for the Q's.

Eric - NR4O

FTdx3000 - SPE1.3K
FT-991 - TL-922
80M Inv-V, 40M Dipole, 20-15-10M Loops