[3830] RTTY Roundup W8WTS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 6 19:59:49 EST 2019

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W8WTS
Operator(s): W8WTS
Station: W8WTS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Auburn Twp., OH
Operating Time (hrs): 6:20

   80:    36      25
-----------------------
Total:   134      25  State/Prov = 43  Countries = 7  Total Score = 7,950

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Thank you to everyone for their QSOs.  My goals were to learn how to configure
my station for SO2R on RTTY and to learn how to make contest QSOs on FT8.  I
accomplished both goals, but they were not easy.

Getting N1MM+, MMTTY, microHAM USB device router, and MK2R+ to all work together
to provide an integrated and seamless SO2R experience took some reading and
experimenting, but I was successful.  The information is out there, but it must
be read carefully and followed with care.  Now I need to carefully document how
I did it for next time.

Integrating WSJT-X with N1MM+ and the microHAM software and devices is a work in
progress, and I understand that this is not a completely developed technology.
Nevertheless, I was able to read the information and set things up to do a very
cool integration between these packages.  Thank goodness for UDP sockets.

The most important part of having FT8 be a part of ARRL RTTY Roundup is
attracting new stations and ops to digital mode contesting.  I hope that goal
turns out to be a success.  Personally, I thought that integrating FT8 into ARRL
RTTY Roundup was fun and added a new dimension to the contest.  I am always
interested in trying new things; new modes, new contest formats, etc.  FT8 is an
opportunity to keep things fresh and new. Don't miss it.

My log is posted and public on line at
http://www.w8wts.com/contest_logs/W8WTS20190106.txt.

73 and CU nest time,

Jim, W8WTS