[3830] RTTY Roundup W7ZB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 7 20:59:03 EST 2019

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W7ZB
Operator(s): W7ZB
Station: W7ZB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 6ish

-----------------------
Total:    84       0  State/Prov = 34  Countries = 8  Total Score = 3,528

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I don't know what got into me, but the day before the contest I got Kevin, K7ZS
to help me get my station set up over the phone for RTTY.   Figured maybe I
could add a few non-zero points in the quest for the NW trophy.  A 7610 and a
wire connected to the computer and radio.  What could it hurt?

NEVER ever been on the mode before in 53 years in the hobby, and it was kinda
fun with the limited time I had due to XYL driven commitments.  Not sure it
feels quite like a real contact, but also not as ethereal as the other digitaly
modes.

Kinda fun to see my callsign coming back through the ditteries and trying to
learn to tune the dancing ovals.  N1MM and MMTY sure worked slick together!

Here's my first ever RTTY results:  Good job the rest of ya!!

Old dogs, new tricks, maybe so.

W7ZB @ W7ZB, Gaston, OR.

100W unassisted

 Band     Qs   Pts  Sec  DXC