[3830] RTTY Roundup YO9HP SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 8 07:56:42 EST 2019

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: YO9HP
Operator(s): YO9HP
Station: YO9HP

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Pleasa, Prahova

   80:   186      123
   40:   264      191
   20:   189       55
   15:     0        0
   10:     0        0
-----------------------
Total:   639      369  State/Prov = 34  Countries = 65  Total Score = 99,792

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

I was not very enthusiastic about the idea of mixing RTTY with FT8 in
ARRL-RTTY-RU, but I was ready to give it a try and I managed to complete the
N1MM+ setup just in time. Definitely in the first hours the rates were 3 times
higher in RTTY, compared to FT8. But later, when less „fresh meat” was
available in RTTY and also the propagation became marginal, the FT8 became
interesting. I noticed that most of the calls worked in FT8 never appeared in my
RTTY logs. Also I was happy to take advantage of weak signal software and work
some DX multipliers at -24 dB. I saw many comments related to poor propagation,
so it not much to add about it. So, thank you all for calling/answering me and
see you many more times in 2019 contest season. 73, Alex YO9HP