[3830] RAC Winter VE7NZ SOSB/20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 8 12:54:08 EST 2019

                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE7NZ
Operator(s): VE7NZ
Station: VE7NZ

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Coquitlam, BC

   20:  345    113      10        10
Total:  345    113      10        10  Total Score = 42,240

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

For months prior to the contest, daily operations have gone well, but then,
during the contest Murphy struck! Connector issue at antenna made SWR 3:1 2
hours into the contest, had to drop from 1KW to 100W for much of the time. Rotor
failure meant climbing tower at 5:30am to investigate and working Japan off the
back of the beam. This is why we do contests...to test our stations' readiness!
Embarrassing, but will get everything in working order soon.
My hat is off to Gabor VE7JH operating at VE7UF. In tough conditions his QSO
count and multiplier success must be a record for this point in the solar cycle!
Congrats!
73 and see you next winter! Adrian VE7NZ