[3830] RTTY Roundup VE3CV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jan 8 17:53:53 EST 2019

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Varna, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 1:51

   20:    6       17
-----------------------
Total:    6       17  State/Prov = 12  Countries = 3  Total Score = 345

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Another embarrassing low score.  I thought my computer soundcard problem would
be solved, but the new soundcard arrived on Monday....nuts.  So I got the old
one to work for 23 Qs and the the Computer Line Out refused to send any more RF
drive.

But at least I got to try out using N1MM+ with both FT8 and FSK RTTY.  I
swicthed the Mode in the Database file from digital to RTTY when changing modes
so that the RTTY contacts showed up as RTTY and the FT8 as Dig in the Cabrillo
File.  I probably didn't need to do this as the Radio Mode may have done it when
I was using FSK Mode or USB with WSJT-X.  Can anyone let me know what is the
correct procedure?  Can you just select RTTY OR Digital and the programs will
log mode correctly, or does it matter, as both modes are allowed as equals with
respect to score.
Thanks for the Qs.  Sure was nice to see a lot of RTTY activity again....wish I
could have stayed around.  Both computers are now working perfectly!
73 Jeff
VE3CV

Rig FT-1000mp (1995 vintage)
HexxBeam at 45ft.