[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K8CN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 10 22:25:49 EST 2019

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 11

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH

   80:   2      2
   40:   8      8
   20:   4      4
Total:  14     14  Total Score = 196

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

"Strike me down [with QRO]. Your journey to the Dark Side will be
complete." [apologies to Darth Vader]

Having left the comfortable familiarity of QRP operation for the 1st time in a
decade and venturing into QRO territory, I encountered many demons, not least of
which is RFI to the computer!  Many apologies for the busted Qs - the keyboard
and mouse locked up on 80 and 160 meters when I transmitted, and it took pulling
USB plugs to reset things.  Well, at least a few of you heard me more loudly
than most nights......I will likely go back to QRP next week.

Tonight's rig: K2/10 driving the KPA100/KAT100 amplifier/tuner in a separate
case with about 90 watts on 20 and 40 meters, less on 80 and 160 due to high SWR
even with the tuner.  Have not used the K2 on air for years, but fired it up
only once this past August to test the newly built KPA100/KAT100 - RX doesn't
sound as strong as my K3 RX, and a lot of the signals tonight sounded much
weaker than they do on the K3.  I miss the P3 panadapter, too.  Looks like I'll
have some work to do if I'm to try LP in NSL again!

Thanks for the Qs, and great to hear so many big guns again.

73,
MikeNH