[3830] NAQP CW K4BAI Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jan 12 23:54:43 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

   10:    6     5
-------------------
Total:  930   203  Total Score = 188,790

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC#1

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, 40M dipole, 80M inverted vee dipole, 160M tee vertical,
88' center fed zepp used on 40 and 80.  Hard work, but worth it.  Thanks to
Jeff, KU8E, for coming over Friday afternoon and getting the computer keying
going again.  Nearly wore out my right arm sending too much with the paddle
anyway, but wouldn't have been possible to have done so well without the
computer keying.  High bands a little better than expected.  Low bands a little
better than expected.  15M seemed open to everywhere near the start, but that
didn't last long.  10M had a Es opening from GA to W1 and W2 early in the
contest period  Not many found it.  Those who did couldn't stay long because
rate was suffering.  With low power I can seldom get much rate running on 80M,
but this was an exception with a lot of west coast stations calling.  A mixture
of running and S&P, maybe about half and half, depending on the band,  Don't
think anyone answered my CQs on 160.  Thanks for all the QSOs and CU next week
on SSB.  73, John, K4BAI.  (For some reason N1MM+ flunked multiplying tonight.
It multiplied 930 x 203 and got 196230.  Wonder how it did that?