[3830] NAQP CW NO5W(@W5GAD) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 13 00:34:48 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: W5GAD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 8:40

Total:  805   139  Total Score = 111,895

Club: LA Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Flex 3000, K3/100, 3el Steppir @55ft, 80/40 inverted vee @85ft, N1MM+

In spite of lost time to fix problems with both radios I think this is my best
score so far in the January NAQP CW.

After about 1.5 hrs the club's Flex started taking upwards of 15 seconds to
resume receiving after a transmission -- not good. Fortunately I had brought my
K3 so I changed out the radio. That went along fine for several hours until the
K3 started getting a 12v ERR, always just as I was supposed to be confirming a
QSO -- apologies to those who wondered where I went. I found I could cycle the
power on the K3 and get back in time to respond but the fault reduced the power
to 5w. After several of these incidents I recabled the power to the K3 but that
did not solve the problem. So it was back to the Flex to finish out the contest.
All told I guess I lost about 40 minutes.

Even with the problems it was a total blast. Thanks for the Qs.

73/Chuck/NO5W